Monday, September 7, 2009

Spark's goal machine

The Phnom Penh Post

Andy Brouwer

Despite there remaining one more fixture in the Cambodian Premier League (CPL) 2009 season (Tuesday - Crown v Phouchung), Spark FC's wonder striker Prince Justine has already done enough to claim the 1 million riels (US$242.30) cash prize as the league's top goal-scorer thanks to an unprecedented tally of 21 goals this campaign. At just 18 years old - he will turn 19 at the end of next month - the Nigerian has taken the league by storm, scoring against all opposition, averaging over a goal a game, and accounting for 70 percent of his team's scoring. Justine arrived in Cambodia last November on a mission. "To play football in Nigeria you have to be very good and very strong," he said. "I was just a little boy, and I needed to improve myself abroad before I [could] return to play in my homeland. Many of my fellow countrymen do the same. "Coming to Cambodia, signing my first professional contract, playing with Spark, and scoring so many goals in my first season has been very good for me. I have learnt a lot, and this will help me improve my game," he asserted, after scoring a hat trick Saturday. It remains to be seen whether the young star stays with Spark for next year's CPL season or gets signed by one of the league heavyweights, who have stood witness to the talent of this prolific goal scorer.


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



Who Online?

Followers

Search This Blog